The course objective is to provide master level students with an in-depth exposure to the way leading management consulting firms are developing digital transformation projects in order to be better prepared for a future career in management consulting. Digitalization is significantly affecting business models, business processes and organizational boundaries. To deal with the pace that digitalization is changing organizations, there is a need to understand and explore new skills and capabilities associated with digital transformation. Management Consulting firms are driving this transformation process. In order to do so they are recruiting consultants with skills and capabilities associated with digital transformation.
The course gives participants the opportunity to:
- Deepen their knowledge on digital transformation processes
- Get exposed to leading consulting/IT companies in terms of simulation of the working environment and recruitment opportunities.
The course is based on five business cases in five days dealing with how digital technologies are enabling business models innovation as well as business process redesign in the ares of Strategy, Supply Chain and Marketing & Sales.
- Every business case is developed in collaboration with a leading consulting firm/software vendor.
- Every day students, after an initial class on the topic, will work in team on the business case and in the afternoon will present their analysis to a senior consultant.
The course is open to a maximum of 38 participants.
• 24 participants will be selected from European universities belonging to the YERUN network
• 8 participants will be selected from the MSc in Business Administration – University of Rome Tor Vergata
• 6 participants will be selected among University of Rome Tor Vergata students from other courses, including data science and informatics.
The cost of the programme is €1.500.
The participation is free for the YERUN students as well as for the MSc Business Administration students.
The participation will be supported by scholarships as to other University of Tor Vergata students who will have the opportunity to receive a scholarship from Fondazione Raeli fully covering the costs.
Included in the course package are:
Accommodations will be shared rooms from 1st July (Check in afternoon) to 7th July (Check-out in the morning). Opening session is on Sunday afternoon 1st July . More information will be provided on arrival.
• Lunch and coffee breaks
Participants are expected to fund:
• Travel expenses
• Eventual additional expenses for accommodation (the request of a single room, given that triple rooms ..; any extra drink/food).