Provide master level students with an in-depth exposure to the way leading management consulting firms are developing digital transformation projects in order to be better prepared for a future career in management consulting.
About the Course
Digitalization is significantly affecting business models, business processes , and organizational boundaries. To deal with the pace that digitalization is changing organizations, there is a need to understand and explore new skills and capabilities associated with digital transformation. Management Consulting firms are driving this transformation process. In order to do so they are recruiting consultants with skills and capabilities associated with digital transformation.
The course is an opportunity to
Deepen your knowledge on digital transformation processes
Get exposed to leading consulting/IT companies in terms of simulation of the working
environment and recruitment opportunities
The course is based on five business cases in five days dealing with how digital technologies are enabling business models innovation as well as business processes redesign in the areas of Strategy, Supply Chain and Marketing & Sales.
Every business case is developed in collaboration with a leading consulting firm/software vendor.
Every day students, after an initial class on the topic, will work in team on the businesscase and in the afternoon will present their analysis to a senior consultant
The course is open to a maximum of 28 participants.
• 12 participants have been selected from five different European universities belonging to the YERUN network
• 8 participants have been selected in an internal call coming from the MSc in Business Administration – University of Rome Tor Vergata
8 students attending the University of Rome Tor Vergata having a professional interest to pursue a career as management consultant are invited to submit their application for the “Management Consulting in the Digital Age” that will be held in Villa Mondragone on July 2-8, 2017.
The cost of the programme is €1.500.
4 participants will have the opportunity to receive a scholarship from Fondazione Raeli fully covering the costs: read ahead for further info.
University of Tor Vergata offers 4 scholarships of €1.500 each for students interested in applying to the “Management Consulting in the Digital Age” course. You will find the Call for Applications and the Application Form below.
The core of the program is built upon 5 business cases in five days (Monday-Friday), each managed with the support of a different consulting firm/software vendor.
Each business case should deal with a different key topic/different departments/business processes,
triggering the development of different skills
The program will be structured as follows:
- on Sunday afternoon: arrival of the participants and a 2 hours class on “Managing a consulting project”;
- every day from 9:00 to 18: participants will start attending a 1 hour class on a topic related to digital transformation and then they will work on a business case prepared by a consultingcompany/software vendor. In the evening after launch the best analysis and/or presentation will be chosen.
- on Saturday morning: there will be a wrap-up lecture on digital transformation and on the skills learned during the course and then a final launch will end the programme.
Included in the course package are:
Accommodations will be shared rooms from 2nd July (Check in afternoon) to 8th July (Check-out in the morning). Opening session is on Sunday afternoon 2nd July . More information will be provided on arrival.
• Lunch and coffee breaks
Participants are expected to fund:
• Travel expenses
• Eventual additional expenses for accommodation (the request of a single room, given that double rooms ..; any extra drink/food).
Applications are closed for this year. For info please visit the official web page: